Recognition in a Virtual World:
Fuel Trust, Connection & Resiliency Through Challenges & Change
Who This Session Is Ideal For:
- Staff, supervisors and other client-facing or technical experts
- Middle managers and directors
- Organizations and associations with a strong focus on healthy culture, retention and morale
Recognition is one of the most effective, accessible and cost-effective ways to fuel healthy working relationships, trust and collaboration. Now, more than ever, we need to show how much we value each other (not to mention all the unsung heroes in the community helping us through the pandemic). How do you do this when you have minimal time, limited energy, and even less face-to-face contact? How do you express gratitude when typical recognition forums and systems for communication have changed? How do you find the energy to appreciate when you are overwhelmed yourself? Learn from Sarah McVanel – Canada’s Recognition Expert – and from your peers - about the multitude of manageable and effective ways to recognize virtually and remain more resilient in the process.
Why This Session is Ideal in the Virtual Realm:
- Virtual keynotes bring the best of breakout sessions and keynotes to make this facilitated experience highly interactive, relevant and adaptable
- Interact with your peeps from other organizations/divisions about what works for them and how they are keeping morale high
- Engage in real-time feedback with a Recognition Expert to have your questions answered
- Build on ideas provided in virtual breakout rooms and the core presentation so you can immediately implement what you learn
- The technology allows all to stay engaged, present and energized through a highly participant-centric approach
Sarah McVanel is a recognized Recognition and Culture expert with over 20 years of experience, including at a senior leadership level in healthcare. Sarah has been a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coaching Federation for 7 years, coaching over 300 professionals virtually.
Sarah is a Certified Senior Organizational Development Professional (CSODP) and Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL). Sarah is one of only 1500 people internationally with the earned CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation. She has a BA in Psychology, MSc in Family Relations, and Diplomas in Human Resources and Healthcare Administration.
Sarah has authored multiple peer-reviewed journal articles, industry articles, hundreds of LinkedIn articles, and four books: “Forever Recognize Others’ Greatness: Solution Focused Strategies for Satisfied Staff, High Performing Teams and Healthy Bottom Lines” (2015), “The FROG Effect: Tools and Strategies to Forever Recognize Others’ Greatness” (2016), #GreatnessBizHacks: 100+ Tips to Grow a Profitable, Service-Based Biz you Love! & “FLIP Side of Failing: Recognize and Leverage Greatness in Work and Life” (2019).
Sample of Conferences:
3PExchange, Adventure Realty Network, Brief Solution Focused Therapy Conference, Canadian Association of Professional Speakers, Canadian Safety Engineers Society, CPHR BC, CPHR Manitoba, Dietitians of Canada, DisruptHR KW, DisruptHR Niagara, Human Resources Professionals Ontario, Level Up Impact, Meeting Professionals International, Municipal Information Systems Association, National Amtelco Equipment Owners, Ontario Medical Group Management Association, Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada, Operating Nurses Association of Ontario, PeelCAN, Society for Human Resource Management, SPARK Women’s Leadership Conference, Workplace Wellness Northumberland, World Conference of Club Management