Flip Side of Failing
How unconditional recognition ignites resilience, relationships and retention
Failure is a tough nut. Either we treat it like the other “f-word,” or we’re espousing its virtues for learning. Let’s face it. We don’t have much resilience when failure comes crashing into our lives and careers.
Most often, we play it safe. We avoid it or feel shame or blame when failure inevitably happens. We’ve had plenty of experiences that tell us to avoid failing at all costs.
Before you think this is your “unmotivational” speech, trust me when I say that this is empowerment personified. We will be challenging the very definitions of success and failure that we’ve blindly accepted, and it’s sabotaging our well-being, performance, and satisfaction.
What does failure mean to you? Does it define you? Can you give yourself permission to fail?
In this session, you will truly experience and absorb the F.L.I.P. framework: Fail, Learn, Ignite, Praise. Each dimension of FLIP allows you to harness the power that comes from failure and let go of ego or judgment.
Learning from your failures creates your path to greatness. These lessons will forever change you and help you become more decisive, confident, and action-oriented.
The question is … where’s your FLIP? How can you become more failure resilient?
If you’re ready to explore how unconditional recognition of yourself and others can ignite passion and performance, this session is for you.
In this energizing and entertaining session (with a few fun twists), you will awaken possibilities, deepen connections, source solutions, and improve individual and organizational performance by recognizing greatness in a whole new light. Rather than kryptonite, let failure be your superpower.
- Develop greater failure resiliency by deconstructing unhealthy failure resistance
- Identify how to best share, explore, and leverage the inevitable failures to fuel performance and innovation
- Experience the flip side of failing firsthand and reflect on its relevance personally and professionally
- Create a failure resiliency intention at a self, team, and organizational level
- This session can be delivered live or virtual
- Keynote: 45 to 90 minutes
- Interactive breakout session: 1.5 to 3 hours
- Facilitated roundtable/panel discussion
- Fireside interview (add-on)
- Bulk book, eBook and audiobook purchase (add-on)
- Follow up live video Q&A (add-on)
- Book Club (add-on)
This session can be delivered in the following formats
All attendees and speakers are physically present in one location
All attendees are joining entirely online
Some attendees (and possibly some speakers) are joining in-person and some online
Just For You …
- Each session is customized to you
- Each client is treated as the most important person
- Each audience has a specific need to honor
- Each industry has its own insights and data to capitalize on
- Each presentation is prepared with an anthropological approach
- Each event has hidden shiny stars that need to be uncovered and amplified
Why? Because you are greatness, and it’s our unwavering, indisputable, undeniable promise (to the point where we want you to call our mothers if we don’t deliver) to show it to you with every presentation.
“Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune.”
– William James
Dean, School of Nursing & School of Health Sciences, Saskatchewan Polytechnic
CMP, CMM, DES, Education Chair, The EVENT2021, Meeting Professionals International (MPI)
RBC Manager Financial Planning, AB North and North of 60
President & Chief Engagement Officer, 24 Call Management Solutions
Learning & Development Manager, Libro Credit Union