With 2020 coming to an end, I find myself thinking about how we’ve all gotten through the past 9 months of the pandemic. Are we just surviving or are we thriving? I wanted to share some of my most watched VLOG posts in the hopes of giving everyone hope and the will to thrive even when we’re in the midst of a global crisis.
2021 is quickly approaching and we all need to hit the ground running and take it by storm. I invite you to watch (or re-watch) the following videos that are sure to inspire you and get you out of survival mode and help put you into a mindset of moving forward and thrive in the new year with a vengeance!
1. Meaningful Connection – Embrace and recognize failure as a learning opportunity. Allow failure to teach and give you inspiration in your life and career.
What Fuels Genuine Human Connection?
2. Scalable Recognition – Whether you are a busy middle manager in healthcare who has multiple departments that you are responsible for, or a sales rep that wants to make sure that your customers feel valued, you want to make sure to embed the right recognition strategies at the beginning of your career and carry them through.
Three Secrets to Recognition: Making it Easy to Recognize your Peers, Staff and Clients
3. Aligned Aspirations – When you are at a crossroads in your career, it’s easy to feel paralyzed by indecision. The ironic thing is, the more education, experience, and talent you acquire, the more choices you have! Want to learn a few tips to ensure you make the decision that’s right for you?
5 Ways to Make a Career Decision that Aligns to Your Greatness
4. Visible Leadership – We’ve all had this experience. The leader who is never around unless there’s a problem. I bet you’ve also experienced the alternative too. The leader who despite having a huge workload and responsibility is available when you need her, remembers what you said, takes time whenever she can to come to the work area. How does that impact you?
The Impact of Visible Leadership: An Employee’s Point of View
5. Flipping Failure – The people in groups that are most successful are not those who avoid failure, but rather, are those that learn, get excited by new possibilities, and can recognize themselves in others despite failure. If you want to innovate, grow, connect, and thrive you need to embrace failure. I’m going to show you how.
What if you didn’t fear failure?
6. Ditching Incivility – How do you stand out when you’ve seen other get knocked down for making an effort? How can you be one of many but still put your ideas forward? How can you influence in your own way, even when being a “leader” is not popular? How can you and your top talent can stand out, even when it seems to be someone ready to knock you back down.
Tall Poppy Syndrome: How to Stand Out When Others Try to Knock you Down
7. Elevating Meaning – Do you feel meaning and joy every single day from the work that you do? Do you love your career? If Oprah invited you to be a guest on Super Soul Sunday, would you have so many stories and examples to share you would not know where to start? Tune in the discover ways to get your joy back!
5 Ways to Bring Meaning and Joy Back to your Career
8. Ditching Drama – This VLOG takes a look at dealing with negativity and offer some great strategies and ideas on how to deal with and turn it around to create a healthier and happier work environment for everyone!
Dealing with Negativity: 3 Strategies That Work (No Matter How Toxic or Tense the Situation)
Bonus: Perfecting Imperfection – Why strive for perfection when happiness gives you a more balanced life. Do the things that make you most happy and you will see and feel the results!
Why Happy is Better than Perfect!